Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Checking In


I would just like to take a moment to thank you all for your feedback about the blog, I truly wasn't expecting so many compliments about the writing and it is really encouraging to hear.  I am excited to hear you're enjoying the ride.  You can be sure that we are too.  If you haven't already, be sure to like our Facebook page so you can get teasers for upcoming posts and updates when the posts go live. There are also tons more photos on the Facebook page for your viewing pleasure, so think of it as a sort of companion page to the blog.  You can find it here - https://www.facebook.com/SamKayleighsEscapeFromTheBay

I have also had a few people ask me how they can comment directly onto the blog page.  In order to do this you have to have an account with Google, AIM, TypePad, OpenID, LiveJournal, or WordPress and sign in prior to commenting.  So if you use Gmail or you have an AIM account sitting on your virtual shelf collecting dust, then you're already halfway there.  Type your comment and select your account type (from the drop down bar containing those listed above) and click post and it will prompt you to log in.  From there it may ask you to enter a CAPTCHA and after that your comment should be live.  I know it's a bit more convoluted than it needs to be, but give it a shot.  Perhaps if enough of you demand that Kayleigh blog on the comments here it may be enough to actually inspire her to write one.  Let's start a dialogue so it doesn't look like I'm talking to myself here! (Did you just hear an echo?) 

I would also like to thank a certain German friend of mine for pointing out that some of the particularities of New Zealand that I have featured aren't exclusive to the country.  Many of them extend to the commonwealth and some to every other country (save the US of course, I guess we just like being different).  What can I say other than I guess I'm just another unworldly yank.  Just trying to stay true to my roots :p.  It does bring up an exciting fact however, that American's aren't the only ones reading this blog (according to the stats on Google, we get a couple hits a week from numerous countries around the world).  It is a fact I will try to keep in mind with regard to future posts.  

Lastly, work has started to calm down a bit for Kayleigh and I during the past week or so which means more time to work on blogs, and I have been sitting on a few good ones.  I have been biding time and gathering information about New Zealand food, music, fashion and nightlife for some big posts and I think I have just about enough, so all my music lovin' peeps get prepared for a flood of amazing stuff.  If you look forward to reading this blog and you know of anyone else who might enjoy it as well, let them know where to find us.  I'm curious to see if we can grow this thing together.

Good night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment